Posted by HBCU Pride & Joy on 5/5/2017
HBCU’s are beginning to have their graduation ceremonies and many have already shipped off their gifts. If you are still trying to figure out what to buy a graduate from the 2017 class, don’t fret. Following is a list of last-minute but unique gift ideas. Along with making the graduate happy, these gifts will help to promote their HBCU.
1. Sure the recent graduate likely has a lot of t-shirts, hats and college paraphernalia. What they don’t have however is alumni gear. Consider buying them something they can wear around town or back on campus that says “alumni.”
2. How about a trip to the upcoming alumni conference or membership in the alumni association? You can consider paying for their registration, hotel fees, or footing the bill for the entire trip.
3. Help the young graduate to give back to their alma mater. Donate money or buy equipment for the school in the name of the student. This can be a book for the library or equipment for the science lab. Be sure to engrave or print their names on the gift for a permanent tribute to them.
4. Professional collegiate apparel such as neckties, a lapel pin or iPad case will be a gift they will always treasure. These are items they can easily incorporate in their work wardrobe to show pride in their HBCU.
5. Vintage collegiate clothing is very popular with those that are fashion savvy. Therefore, authentic vintage or reproduction sweatshirts are ideal for the young graduate. Give them something special to wear for their first trip to homecoming as an alum.
6. Help the fresh graduate to decorate their office with school paraphernalia. These are also budget-friendly gifts and includes items like ink pens, coffee mugs or a mousepad.
7. For a really unique gift, frame a photo of a campus landmark such as a stadium, fountain or dorm. Present it to the graduate for them to display at home or in the office.
It’s not too late to buy the graduate on your list something extra-special. Don’t run to the store and just pick up a generic gift; let them know you really care by choosing a gift from the above list. Along with adding to their celebration, these gifts will help them to remember from whence they came.
Photo Credit: http://blackaphillyated.com